Finance & Risk Officer
FINANCE AND RISK OFFICER
- Oversee financial strategic planning, evaluating the church’s performance and potential risks.
- Form a close working relationship with other board members formulating strategies and plans
- Provide leadership to the church’s Finance and Accounting strategy, in order to optimise its financial governance and strategic position.
- Perform regular financial analysis.
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of church’s departments.
- Establish targets and manage all accounting and finance entities including management accountants and internal auditors.
- Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports and account on the church’s financial performance.
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines.
- Recognize patterns in church spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Create sustainable and ensure that the church’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Manage church financial policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties
- Member of the adventist church preferably member of KoA
- Min 5 Years relevant Board level experience in medium to large Organisation
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
View all announcements